Criteria to attain complete Brotherhood Of Tourers (B.O.T.) membership:
· A rider has to complete a minimum of 3 overnight rides to be a member. (Which doesn’t include one day rides!)
· A rider may be told to complete more ride before instating his membership if the senior members come to a unanimous decision.
· Membership is given only on the bases and the will of the member it will be reinstated too.
· Membership will be achieved by based on the sole discretion of senior riders of Brotherhood Of Tourers.
Without a B.O.T. membership, candidates can however attend club meetings or any events or get-togethers.
Once membership is achieved, the Rider is expected to complete following steps:
1. A member after being reinstated has to pay an amount of 1800/- RS to the club as club fees. Once a member B.O.T. membership kit will be provided. (Includes 1 Shirt, Stickers Set, Dog-Tags, Patches [with personal details] and any other when and if added) will be provided after membership is reinstated.
In a case if a member is asked to leave the club on any grounds he or she has to surrender the kit.
A rider is applicable for a club shirt after he / she has participated in at least one ride (for the cost of 499/- RS) which will be deducted from the membership fees. in case he becomes a member
2. Introductory mail along with the experience writes up of riding with B.O.T. and content for the rider profile.
3. A member should fill in all his details on the website profile page and should send his or her reason for touring and tell us how did their love for touring start at email@example.com.
To Retain the membership
Each B.O.T. will have to comply with the following rules to retain membership, failing which their membership would be suspended / revoked and the candidate will have to follow the normal process of becoming a B.O.T. again in case of a membership revocation.
· B.O.T. will have to do a minimum of 1 ride every consecutive 3 months. In case a member fails to do so he has to do a minimum of 2 rides in the next consecutive 3 months and so on. A member would be exempted in the case of prior notice, but would be expected to contribute to organizing a forth coming ride.
· Club meetings are mandatory for all B.O.T. In case a B.O.T. is not able to make it for a club meet, prior intimation to the President is appreciated.
· B.O.T.’s will wear the club badge for all club rides and meeting.
· A B.O.T. cannot be part of any other motor cycling club.
· A B.O.T. can ride only as a guest with other clubs, and will have to wear the B.O.T. club badge / shirt for such rides.
· A B.O.T. will not treat members of any other club with animosity and any demeaning or unwarranted competitive attitude.
· If a B.O.T. intentionally puts his and others safety at risk in any form (drinking and riding, rash riding etc) will be expelled immediately.
· A member cannot and will not engage himself or encourage others to illegal substances and contraband during any club activity (ride, events or club meets etc)
· Members, who create disturbances in the functioning of the club, would be treated with harshness and would cease to be members; and would be communicated by the club President. Reasons may be shared
on the sole discretion of the President.
· Those indulging in creating disharmony among club members would be immediately chucked out without giving reasons.
The President has the sole rights to revoke / suspend membership or bar anyone from the club for life without having to provide reasons. In case of a suspension, the nature of suspension and the duration of suspension will be at the sole discretion of Founders. Such a decision would be considered final and non revocable.
If you agree, then go ahead and JOIN US now!
We want everyone to live OUR way if life irrespective to the bikes they ride or what back-ground or cast they belong to. All that matters is that the individual should have the passion and the heart to do so. We in B.O.T. we don’t stop at nothing. But we do stop for someone! We also believe in not leaving any rider behind which we stand for under any condition.
We Ride and RIDE HARD!!! when it rains, when the roads are bad or even when there are none! And especially when they have no destination to reach! We at B.O.T. don’t discriminate between riders, whether you are an old member or a new one. The club is about the beast in everyone, and not just the beast we ride. Because the soulful unity between the two is what makes a true rider – a TOURER, a B.O.T.
We, the B.O.T. while exploring all that INDIA and the WORLD has to offer commit to RIDING HARD no matter how harsh the conditions; cherish the JOURNEY, and not the destination; and show THE WAY TO LIVE.
BROTHERHOOD OF TOURERS (B.O.T.) does not endorse any kind stunts or unlawful behaviour on roads and always promotes road safety. Also someone who is a member on BrotherhoodOfTourers.com website or puts a BROTHERHOOD OF TOURERS (B.O.T.) sticker on his motorcycle does not in any way become part of the BROTHERHOOD OF TOURERS 'official' group in any way. The official group is only comprised of the BROTHERHOOD OF TOURERS (B.O.T.) administrators, moderators and any official BROTHERHOOD OF TOURERS (B.O.T.) road-trip (which is listed under the BOT Official Road-trip category in the forums). We are also not responsible for any member doing any unlawful activity on road, or getting into an accident on any road-trip which may posted on BrotherhoodOfTourers.com.
This website is provided “as is” without any representations or warranties, express or implied. BrotherhoodOfTourers.com makes no representations or warranties in relation to this website or the information and materials provided on this website.
Without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing paragraph, BrotherhoodOfTourers.com does not warrant that:
This website will be constantly available or available at all; or the information on this website is complete, true, accurate or non-misleading.
Limitations of liability
BrotherhoodOfTourers.com will not be liable to you (whether under the law of contract, the law of torts or otherwise) in relation to the contents of, or use of, or otherwise in connection with, this website [to the extent that the website is provided free-of-charge, for any direct loss; for any indirect, special or consequential loss; or for any business losses, loss of revenue, income, profits or anticipated savings, loss of contracts or business relationships, loss of reputation or goodwill, or loss or corruption of information or data.
These limitations of liability apply even if BrotherhoodOfTourers.com has been expressly advised of the potential loss.
Nothing in this website disclaimer will exclude or limit any warranty implied by law that it would be unlawful to exclude or limit; and nothing in this website disclaimer will exclude or limit BrotherhoodOfTourers.com’s liability in respect of any:
l death or personal injury caused by BrotherhoodOfTourers.com’s negligence ; fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation on the part of BrotherhoodOfTourers.com ; or Matter which it would be illegal or unlawful for BrotherhoodOfTourers.com to exclude or limit, or to attempt or purport to exclude or limit, its liability.
By using this website, you agree that the exclusions and limitations of liability set out in this website disclaimer are reasonable.
If you do not think we are reasonable, you must not use this website.
Other parties [You accept that, as a limited liability entity, BrotherhoodOfTourers.com has an interest in limiting the personal liability of its officers and employees. You agree that you will not bring any claim personally against BrotherhoodOfTourers.com’s officers or employees in respect of any losses you suffer in connection with the website.
[Without prejudice to the foregoing paragraph,] you agree that the limitations of warranties and liability set out in this website disclaimer will protect BrotherhoodOfTourers.com’s officers, employees, agents, subsidiaries, successors, assigns and subcontractors as well as BrotherhoodOfTourers.com
If any provision of this website disclaimer is, or is found to be, unenforceable under applicable law, that will not affect the enforceability of the other provisions of this website disclaimer.